Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday day! It's training day!!

It's Tuesday, it's training day! And today we had a special treat, I had TWO trainers today! Well, kinda. There's a new trainer at the gym, and J had him tag along during my session. Which means I got to have two trainers, AND J had to narrate what we were doing and say all the nicest things about me (and show me off) and how fantastic I am and how I'm the perfect client and so strong and always bubbly and does everything amazing...hey I'm just awesome okay? Deal with it!

But first he also had to show the new guy how to take measurements. D'oh. I've been trying, TRYING to be good, and it's so so difficult. But even with as good/bad as I've been (and technically I didn't get any bigger or gain any weight) I'm still on the upswing of body fat. Boo. So this month I'm starting out at I think 28" waist, 134.5 lbs and 27% bodyfat. :( sadface. 

So, with that over with, and this month's calendar all set (whoo!), we got to the fun stuff. Specifically, we started with squats.

Workout:
Squat rack. As per usual, we started light, and with each set decreased the reps and increased the weight. And the most fun part was that with the new guy there, I had two people racking the weights for me, because i'm so special, hahahaha. I know by one of the middle sets we were at around 150lbs. Maybe more. But we ended the last set with more reps but a much lighter weight. And a high five. Oh yeah! And between sets I was doing reverse lunges while the guys added plates to the bar. Which J had to keep reminding me to do

Then it was back up front for an equally fun and impressive round of:
Red bell swings, 17.5lb dumbbell alternating overhead press (so fast!), renegade row, and tuck jumps (ah, he knows me so well)
 
And the new guy was duly impressed with my form. And said so multiple times. To which I gave Jason a well-deserved pat on the back. Hah

For abs I did a series of v-ups, front and each side. And I reminisced about that first session, so long ago, when my first attempt at a v-up (which I had never even heard of before) got me about an inch off the floor and nowhere near reaching my toes. And J was looking over those first workouts, back when I was swinging 25lbs (vs the, what, 55 lbs today?) and using the 12.5lb dumbbells, which I can't even recall the last time I used those! They sound so cute to me now! Haha

Then we sent off the new guy to write down notes or something (can't wait to bug J to tell me what he said) and stretched, my most favorite part!

And then I had to go back to work. My least favorite part.


SHAMELESS SELFIE:

No comments:

Post a Comment