Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Wednesday - legs day

I meant to publish this last week. 7/29/15. Oh well. It's Wednesday, second to last training sesh for the foreseeable future. Sadface.

So we made the most of it and went straight into legs day.  All of the squat racks were taken so we did a leg press machine instead. The one where I'm sitting reclined backwards with my legs sticking up and lowering the weights towards me. Like upside down squats. I don't know how much weight there was, but it was heavy, and I would guess it was around 120 or 130.

Then we headed over to the TRX.  First a set of reverse lunge to pistol squats, with my poor leg swinging front and back like a pendulum.  Between those I did clean and squats with the 30lb Kettlebell.

Next was a crazy TRX move where I start like an inverse row, but instead of just pulling my body straight up, I had to bend at the hips, while bending my arms and pulling them out to the side (like field goal arms).  All in one motion, and exactly as hard as it sounds.  I kept forgetting to bend my waist enough, and then forget to straighten back out enough. And my forearms were so not into this whole concept.

And we followed those with hanging knee tucks, because my poor hands were not already torn up enough, I just had to hang from a pole and depend on them to hold me up while tucking my legs to my chest. Also, Jason had to hike me up when I jumped so I could reach the pole.  And my forearms were absolutely not into this concept.

But I survived, and we moseyed up front for some v-ups and backbridge push-ups.  And I don't know if I'm just getting more bendy, or if my mind has become more accepting of my general always-a chey-soreness, but I felt really good doing the backbridge today. I really extended and pushed forward more than usual, even Jason was impressed. All in all, a great way to end my second to last training sesh...for now

No comments:

Post a Comment