Calendar of Triumph!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday, training day!

It's Monday, it's raining. It's a perfect day for training!

I've been slacking big time, and even though I ran around the park this weekend, I still started the week feeling squishy and blobby.  Yet somehow just by putting on my workout gear, I always feel thinner and more toned. Maybe it's just delusional association. Or years of strategic and brilliant R&D by under armour.

Anyways, I was ready to sweat, and Jason was more than happy to make me do just that

Quick walking warmup, and while I was making my way back with the last few inchworms, I caught a glimpse of what Jason was doing: gathering the whip --I mean jumprope-- and bulgarian bag

Oh boy

So in between one minute sets of jumping, I did 10 spins and 10 snatches with the bag. After I finished what I thought was the last set, I found out I had to do another! My arms! Ungh!

After that, we ramped it up even more with two 25lb kettlebells: swings, cleans, and squats(the last sets were squat to overhead press). All the while Jason regaled me with tales of his Kettlebell competition in Florida (he got 1st place, of course!), which quickly turned into a discussion of the lifestyle of 'deep Florida' and skinning boars and alligators and swimming with alligators...because apparently alligators only attack if you're on land, not already in the water. Yeah, that's not really an assumption I'll be banking on the next time I'm in swampland. Oh yeah, and I should keep lifting, right? (To clarify, no one was swimming with alligators, as far as I know)

After the kettlebells, I did reverse lunge twists with the bulgarian bag racked on my outstretched arms (I'm sure there's probably a real name for all of those things, but this is what it is), and overhead squats.

And then I was done, sweaty, but done. And Jason only had time to do a quick stretch, but it was enough time for him to hit my pain threshold of laughter, and at one point he hit a spot that hurt AND ticked that I wasn't expecting and I burst into uncontrollable giggles for almost the rest of the time. Hah

No comments:

Post a Comment