Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday training - return of the squats

Bonus training day today. My body is already in shut-down mode. Every movement is a sharp shot of muscle that feels like it's about to burst apart.

I even did a bonus yoga session yesterday. It was mediocre at best, but I reallllly needed to stretch.

So today Jason was ready. I certainly was not.  We headed straight to the squat rack. Which was occupied. So I did a walking warmup in the freeweight room and by the time I was done, the rack was free!

We started easy today, just built up to 135lbs.  I am definitely not ready for 200 yet.  But it was a good start and Jason was happy.

Then over to the TRX (I forsee a lot of TRX in my future). Today I  did pushups, rows, and pistol squats. The pushups are the hardest, trying to keep your arms from going all wibbly wobbly

Then we grabbed some kettlebells and made our way up front. But first a few rounds of step ups and reverse twist squats with 15lb dumbells

Then...snatches. With the 25lb bell. my old nemesis. I am still not great at these, and I will definitely have bruises on my arms tomorrow.

Then a few sets of swings with the 40lb blue bell, and then an agonizing stretch. Sooooo tight. Soooo damaged.

I have been prescribed an Epsom salt bath, and I will definitely be doing that. Ouchie.

No comments:

Post a Comment