Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday training - legs arms legs arms

It's Tuesday, and I almost had to reschedule but fortunately didn't have to. I schlepped through one of those crazy New York City downpours and took a soaked subway ride uptown to the gym

I was a wee bit late, but Jason wasted no time in handing me a jumprope to warm up. Longest three minutes ever.  Then a round of walking lunges, but with 17.5lb curl and pressed added in. And a few passes with the lobster-band of shame strapped around my legs to really get those deep dark glutes burning

Then another round of jumprope while Jason gathered two 45lb kettlebells. Yes, TWO Forty-five pound weights.  For burpees.  Well, burpee deadlifts. With a combined 90lbs.  So, man makers, but with kettlebells and with more weight and with deadlifts. 10 reps, 3 times

Then to cool off, some one arm swings and twist overhead presses with the Dumbbells.

Then those squats where you roll back and swing your body back to standing. I forget what they're called, and I tried to do them with the 25lb kettlebell to much hilarity. It was much easier without any weights. And a few times I rolled back way too far and almost flipped over my head 

But I survived, and it was finally time to stretch. And now I can go home and try not to stress eat too much


No comments:

Post a Comment