Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

New month, still training

It's Tuesday, it's June, you know what that means! 

Measurements. Grumpy face.

I already know it's not going to be phenomenal, I don't think I even stepped on the scale once this month. And I've been eating like crap. And not sleeping, and just all around being an average lazy American

So all things considered, the fact that I lost a pound is nothing short of miraculous. My belly is totally bloated, but my limbs have gotten a sliver smaller, so at least I'm not getting bigger

Of course by the time we got through revamping my diet plan and creating a crazy workout plan for the month, we only had half an hour left to workout. And Jason used every second of it to kick my sorry butt.

After walking warmup across the floor We started with burpees, and 25 swings (per arm, with the 35lb bell), and that was just the warmup.  

Then I had a few sets of clean and jerks with the 35lb bell, and jerks with the 25lb bell. And by the last rep my arms were very done. So much done.

But we were not done. Jason had me grab a mat, but then also grabbed a second mat to put right next to it. So we were clearly not about to stretch yet. No no, I had to do a crazy ab exercise by holding my shoulders and legs off the floor, then rolling over on my belly (onto awaiting second mat), straight into superman without putting the feet down, then rolling back over, in theory without putting my feet down. In reality, this did not actually happen, but the idea was there

But it did not end there. Next I had to do the same concept, but rock back and forth, and rolling over, and rocking on my belly. In reality that meant immediately erupting into giggles as soon as I started.   Eventually I got the hang of it.  Then finally it was time to stretch!

The gym had a group of people handing out water bottles and giving free massages. And they caught me on my way out and totally sucked me in. So now I'm waiting for a free massage, and it turns out they are a chiropractic group and now I get to scratch my itching curiosity of the chiropractic world with a free consultation later this week. Huzzah

No comments:

Post a Comment