Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday training - cardio bell

It's Tuesday! I'm exhausted! Already!

But I woke up to some great news, my niece was born in the wee hours of dawn and baby is happy and healthy! Huzzah!!

So I floated through the day and zoomed up to the gym. But Jason was running late because of an...incident...in the men's locker room. I swear, boys just don't know how to act

So I amused myself on the rower until Jason found me and I skipped back over to the training room

We started with walkout pushups and squats, and then dove right in with the bells

With the 30lb bell, one arm swings. A bunch of times

Then with the 25lb bell, clean and jerks. Then with the 35lb bell, clean and jerks. So so many clean and jerks. Oh my arms. Oh my hands. I didn't think I would make it through the last set, but Jason was there to coach me through it.

Then a quick set of front squats, then rolly squats. I already forget what they're called. The ones where you roll all the way back, then roll forward and stand up.  So I did a set of those, then I'm supposed to do another set while holding the 25lb bell. I already know this is not going to go as planned.

I hold the bell in front of me, squat down to the floor and roll backwards while bringing the bell overhead. and then it keeps falling all the way back, bringing me with it. I'm literally shaking with laughter at this point and Jason had to help me off the floor

We switched to the 20lb bell, and I tentatively attempt the next set. I barely made it, but I managed to roll all the way back up to standing without dropping anything! Yah!

Then we finished with 25 snatches (per arm), TWICE.  Because I'm a fat fatty who needs more cardio in my life. Blahhh

No comments:

Post a Comment