Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Weight training with myself

Well, its been a long loooong time since I've had to weight train solo, and it was tough getting back into the groove. Having a trainer twice a week really spoils you that way.

Plus I was training in a new weight room with a weird layout and way too many lunky dudes around. Needless to say, still not a huge fan of the gym next to my office. Not nearly as cool as my gym uptown, but I just can't drag myself all the way up there every day. Even twice a week was becoming too much.

Anyways, I bit the bullet and ventured past the usual stretching area and eventually found the free weights....all the way in the back corner. There is literally NO open space in this stupid gym. The crappy weight machines are packed so tightly, you literally have to contort yourself to navigate across the room (and mind you, I'm tiny compared to 90% of the people using the space)

So I carve out a teeny me-size space between the bench press and emergency exit door, grabbing the 15 and 20lb dumbells on my way over

And proceeded to turn my arms into jelly:

Warmup:
20 Hindu pushups
40 Hindu squats
45 second bridge hold
2x

Workout:
15lb:
manmakers - 5 (don't laugh, it's been a while!)
20lb:
Squats - 12
Renegade rows - 10 each
Side lunge - 10 each
3x

Abs:
12 vups
12 side vups each side
3x

Stretch. Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment