Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday training - colorbell day

It's Tuesday. I'm exhausted. But no matter how tired I am, I always get skippy excited when I turn the corner and Jason is there waiting for me. An hour later, I'm usually cursing his existence.

Today was a pretty moderate workout. Not too hard, not too easy. A super quick three point lunge warmup, then Jason revealed the colorful plethora of kettlebells waiting for me to lift them. I started with the blue bell, I think it's like 25lbs. Just swings to warmup. Then a set of swing with the yellow bell, 16kg (like 34 lbs)

Then we focused on technique. With the blue bell I practiced cleans for a while and really focused on rotating my torso to control the drop and float the clean. After a few sets I was starting to get the hang of it

Then we got into the meat of the session. Timed jerk sets. I started with two minutes per arm with the blue bells, aiming for a pace of 10 reps per minute. And a few minutes rest in between.  I manage to get a rhythm going and was able to nail the pacing by the last set.

Then a few rounds with the yellow bell, but 1 minute per arm and 8 reps a minute. That was way harder. Not only is the bell heavier, but it's harder to slow down once you get going. But I worked it out and got on pace eventually

Then another rest, and we finished on 20  snatches (per arm) with the pink bell. That's 8kg (like 16lbs)... I couldn't stop giggling during the first few snatches because the bell is ridiculously light. Like, stupid light. So comically light. But eventually, with enough reps, that bell starts to get heavier. I didn't full on get pumped, but my forearms were quickly heading in that direction. But fortunately, we were out of time, and I cooled off with a nice stretch sesh 

No comments:

Post a Comment