Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday training - PT Style

It's Tuesday, I survived a luxuriously lazy holiday weekend with relatively few incidents. I didn't make it out to the park like I wanted to, because for the first time in my (city) life, I was hit by a stupid bicyclist and it actually did quite a bit more damage to my left side than I initially realized

So my body spent most of the weekend sleeping and recovering. Today I still have a massive bruise right above my left hip where the handlebar impacted. So Jason took pity on me and we did a PT session to loosen up my hip and avoid hitting the bruise. And I learned very quickly that it's  right at the spot where I usually rest my hands between sets. Ow.

So, we started with leg lifts and hip raises. So far so good. Then with a 12lb medicine ball, squats (no problem), and reverse lunge twists (slight problem). After a few sets my side loosened up and it was much much better after that

So we moved on to weights and bells.  First squat overhead presses with 17.5lb Dumbbells, then cleans with the 30lb kettlebell. I was very worried about the left side, but once in the rack, my elbow is just far up and centered to avoid hitting the side directly so it actually wasn't so bad. And my form is improving (gasp!) so I got through the sets with no problem

Then renegade rows with the Dumbbells, and snatches with the 25lb bell. Also no problem there

Then we actually did and today. That was a big surprise, but I definitely need it. I was all for VUps until he rolled over a medicine ball. For me to lift overhead while reaching for my toes. Oh. The. Abs.  Gasping for breath after the first set, it was straight into twists. For so many sets.  By the end I was barely sitting up straight. Fortunately time was up. So a nice easy stretch, with just one touchy spot that put a wee bit too much pressure on my bad side, but overall I survived, and can go home and nurse myself back to full strength. Woohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment