Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cardio Triathlon Ladder Sweatfest

Well, I was intending to do a 10k around the park today, but nature had different plans in mind, in the form of unpredictable thunderstorms.  So, rather than risk getting soaked and stranded (and pissed) somewhere on the corner of 110th and hell, I decided to stay inside and spend some time with my old neglected buddies, the treadmill and bike. And even let my nemesis the jumprope tag along just for kicks.

So, 30 minutes running, starting at 6.5 and gradually increasing speed throughout, and it wasn't terrible! I made it a little over 3 miles and for the first time in a long time (maybe ever), my treadmill running was faster than outside running



Then 20 minutes on the bike while I still had some energy, I had set it at slightly higher levels than usual and really noticed a difference in my cadence for the standing bits, so I just focused on staying consistent with eack set, and it worked out okay


Then to finish off, and really give my calves something to cry about, ended cardio with ten minutes jumprope. And since J was busy I got to pick the rope out myself and found the tiny wire-like rope which is my favorite because it weighs literally nothing, you might as well just jump around by yourself, it would feel the same. Except, because it's so tiny, you are essentially flinging an invisible wire whip at a very high speed, very close to your limbs. So anytime I mess up or trip up, I get a tiny little sting, and avoiding THAT keeps me going. Definitely got a few lashes today, ending cardio with jumping it was kind of inevitable. Here's a pic of the glorious bugger:
So tiny, so vicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment