Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Training day w/j!

It's training day, and boy do we have a lot of work to do!

J just got back from a Kettlebell competition over the weekend, and he did really well! Got a personal best and everything! He even got a trophy, which he proudly showed me, so good job J!

I wore my nifty new underarmour outfit, And the leggings still feel pretty weird, but I think they might just be a bit big, and longer than I'm used to, and has more seaming than I'm used to. So I was fiddling with them until J kept me busy:

Inchworm pushups and three point lunges to warmup, followed by 100 swings with the 35lb bell! Basically 10 swings per arm till you reach 100. So, now more than fully warmed up, we moved on to fun stuff

Did various handstand exercises, regular handstand hold, attempted to do a slow handstand (definitely needed J's help on that one) then some half pushups and I did the last set all by myself!! HaHA!

Then I juggled two 25lb bells, at least that's what it felt like. J is used to working two bells together, but I've only done it a few times! But with J's coaching I got the hang of it and did clean and squats and push-presses ( did a few jerks in there too by accident)

Then we wrapped it up with vups and backbridge pushups. And very painful and vocal stretching.  Now that I have more space in my apartment, I can do way more stretching and conditioning at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment