Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kettlebell circuit

Kettlebell workout, and put my kettleguards to good use! If only they guarded my palms....as you'll see

Hindu push-up- 25
Hindu Squat- 50
Back bridge- 60sec
2x (pretty basic warmup, albeit longer than ever, the last push of each rep definitely got some grunty-faces out of me)

KB Swing/ Snatch- 25lbs 15/15
4x (so far so good, J happened to be doing his own snatch workout right next to me so that was pretty cool! And he let me use his chalk which definitely helped even if it did just delay the inevitable)
Circuit
Kb swing 35lbs 15/15
Kb clean 35lbs 10/10 (it was about midway here that my left hand tore at the same old callous, pretty deep, but didnt break the last layer of skin. It stings. A lot. But still looks worse than it actually is)
Kb push press 35lbs 8/8
Kb front squat 35lbs 8/8
3x 1st set- one side at a time, 2nd time switch after each complete set, 3rd set your choice

There's the tear, I ended up tearing twice, and barely kept a third from going. My right palm is tender, but still fully intact. I just have issues with lefty. I wonder if being left handed has anything to do with this)

Abs- Turkish get up 1 snatch at top- 25lbs 5 per side (aka snatch on the right side, so I did an extra getup on the wimpy side, BUT more importantly I was able to finish them, unlike the other week when I was running on fumes)

And here's my hand wrapped up to be socially acceptable (and protected) for the ride home awaiting an evening of ointment and drying out

No comments:

Post a Comment