Calendar of Triumph!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Food, glorious food

Food. Fooooooooood. If I've learned anything this year, it's that I love to eat. I mean, I already knew that, but this year definitely solidified that piece of trivia. By far the hardest thing about losing weight is not overeating. Because its so easy to do!!  On the one hand, you need to eat less, but you need to eat every three hours, as soon as you wake up (when I'm not hungry) but stop eating before you get home at night (when I am the MOST hungry) and you can't have anything until the morning (yeah, right, THAT's been happening)

So the struggle continues, my need to eat enough to fuel myself for the day, but NOT go over my 'limit' to tip over to the fat side. And I've tried everything (everything that I'm willing to do, that is. No fad diets, no starving, nothing unhealthy, unnatural or artificial). I tried meal prep, which is just exhausting and by Friday you are left with a box of mush; I've tried semi-meal prep where I have ingredients for the week and assemble as I go, and the latest thing I've been doing is protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and a wrap for dinner on my way home. Which is great, and definitely works... If i lived in a perfect bubble and had no plans and could always do the same exact thing every day and never see anybody or go anywhere. 

Oh yeah, and if I had no stomach. That would be awesome (actually I shouldn't say that....foreshadowing? That would be TERRIBLE, like just skip the formalities and send me straight to hell)

If only I had unlimited supplies of energy to do high intensity workouts every day with no need for recovery time or food to get in the way of progress. Where's the iPhone for my body, that knows what I need before I even know that I need it?

All this thinking is making me hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment