Calendar of Triumph!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Thursday training day!

It's Thursday, but it's training day?! Yep, J couldn't train on Tuesday (but did send me a killer workout anyways) and I had cardio yesterday, so we trained today. It actually worked out well since work has been crazier and more unbearable than usual and today was the first day this week that I could sneak away at lunch time.

Super-duper excited as always, and J was ready with a whole plan of what to make me do today. We started with the stretchy-tubey handled thing, where you hold onto the handles and pull your arms open from various angles (chest expander is what it's really called, not that I need help in that department ....zing!) I think there were four parts of that warmup, starting with arms held out front, then overhead, then behind the back, then archery style. You know I had to get my katniss everdeen on (fun fact, we did archery briefly in high school gym class and I'm actually really good at it)

After my shoulders were burning, I mean warmed up, we went over to the free weight room (shudder....actually it's not so bad during the day) to the squat rack. Now, if you recall the last time we saw the squat rack, J very cunningly kept adding more weight until I was basically squatting my own body weight. So today we did pretty much the same concept, where he just kept adding weights after each set, and I didn't ask any questions. By the last set I was only doing 3 reps, but maybe that had something to do with the fact that I was squatting ONE FIFTY. 150lbs! More than my body weight and then some! Basically was squatting myself and a small dog. Beasty. J was disappointed that my legs were fine after this. Hah

So we went back up front to play with the bulgarian bag and the blue bell of doom. Spins, swings and box jumps, while I gushed over the popularity of my super awesome pumpkin pie creation and all the attention it's getting on Pinterest (yay!)  Then, uh I think it was clean and press with the black bell and alternating jumpy things on the box. Oh and a couple new moves with the bulgarian bag, one was kind of like a lumberjack snatch, where instead of snatching straight up facing forward, you pivot from side to side (so, start with the bag to the right, ten snatch it at you turn facing left, and vice versa) and the last new move was like spins but you stop the bag overhead, then finish the circle, stopping the bag overhead each time). Oh!! And I just remembered, there was a jumprope in there too, I must have blocked that from memory earlier, hah

Then it was time to stretch, and oh em gee today was painful. For some reason my hamstrings are super sore and tight this week, and stretching is just pure agony. But so necessary. So so necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment