Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Training day!! During the day!

Well, today was the first day of training on the new schedule. Sneaking out of the office in the middle of the day to go to the gym is a nice change of pace, and now I have a new challenge to work on called 'getting in and out of the locker room showered, hair dried and fully clothed within 20 minutes.' I've done it before, but i did not do it today. Protip-the hairdrying step takes FOREVER. hashtag girlproblems. Ugh.

I'm still a little apprehensive over daytime training, mostly I was worried that maybe I wouldn't have enough energy right before lunch, or that I'd get swamped by work and miss the session, or that I'd be distracted during the session about everything I still have to do at work, or that I'd have to pee in the middle of the session (that part did happen, actually)

But I'd rather train at a weird time of day than not train at all! And as an extra bonus, I saw an old yoga buddy there today so that was a fun surprise. AND, training at weird times means the gym is practically empty, so there is so much space! Whoo!

So we got right into it, the measurements that is. D'oh!  But actually I didn't do so bad this month, not so great, but at least in the right direction. I'm still around 134, but my body fat dropped a teensy tiny bit to 25%, hooray! And J wrote up my calendar, so I don't have to make up my own workouts anymore, huzzah!

THEN we got into it, starting with walking warmup, then J had some funky little stretchy tubes attached to handles that I had to stretch in various directions until my shoulders wanted to pop off, then just some swings with the bruiser bell (that's 35lbs for you technical folks)

Then we had swing/snatches, with the 35lbs where I really need to wok on my stupid grip, Grrr. It's like I tighten up in all the places that you're supposed to do the opposite. So for the last set of those, J have me a lighter bell and it almost flew away it felt so light! haha (yet again, there is a method to his madness, sneaky bastard)

There were box jumps in there as well. I like those, I'm good at those.

Ummm I don't remember exactly everything else we did (one of the downsides of training in the middle of the day--increased lag time before I get a chance to write it down) but I know at one point J brought over the BIG red bell, I think it's around 75lbs? Is that right? I dunno, it's big, and red, and super duper heavy. So I swing that a bunch while focusing on not tipping over and also making my legs do the work (and trying not to put the poor guy next to me to shame while I out awesome him on every level, just how J likes it). And then I think we ended with two 25lb free weights, with clean and front squats. And then streeeetching where I distracted myself by interrogating J about how his new job is going!  And learned that while I make funny faces when I stretch (that I already knew), that apparently I also make funny hands, and it makes J laugh. And all this time I thought he was just laughing at my pain

No comments:

Post a Comment