Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Training day - post sick day edition

I was supposed to train on Tuesday, except that Saturday night I caught a mild case of the coughs, which by Sunday morning turned into a total body shutdown. By Tuesday I was still miserable, and even had to leave work with mere hours left to go

By today I felt mostly better, at least the horrifying cough and half-hourly sneeze routine subsided. But I was definitely drained, even before the session started!

Jason took it easy on me today, and even that was a struggle, it was like bizzaro world! And that was even with the extra time we took to finally set up my calendar for this month (yes it's halfway through, but better late than never)

I started with the walking warmup, then I had to do some arms exercises holding the stretchy bad thing (where you pull your arms apart, we did from the front, overhead, and then archery style, like you're pulling a bow. That last one burns!! So much!)  and then walking with the band, side step and Godzilla style. Yeah sorry if this makes no sense, I'm still pretty beat after this week

We ended with a mildly-intense series with the 25lb Kettlebell (which today for me became ridiculously intense, especially since I just got back to being able to breathe without hacking or sneezing):
10 per arm, alternating between each:
Swings
Cleans
Squats
Press
Snatch
And 'recover' with one minute of jumprope. 

I only did two sets, and even that was enough to make me want to curl up in a ball and sleep forever. And I think I was originally supposed to do more like 3 minutes of jumprope, but Jason had mercy on my pitiful wimpy self. Just for today. Next week I'll be back in full swing

No comments:

Post a Comment