Calendar of Triumph!

Monday, January 6, 2014

Training day?

Oh boy today was interesting. First this week's session was bumped up a day, and then I was so deep in 'auto-pilot' that I headed to the gym at the usual training time, except as soon as I got there I remembered that I think we also bumped back the time by an hour. And sure enough, I was an hour early. Which was fine I just left my stuff there, went back to work for a bit and came back for the right time. Phew.

So, after a quick walking warmup, it was time for squats. Front squats. On the rack. 'If you can front squat it, you can clean it' he says ominously. We started easy with just the bar and then worked up to squatting 115lbs.  Yikes!  

And then we moved the bar down for cleans. Obviously. I did okay with the lighter weights, but J kept adding more and more weights and I was getting more and more tired. So he coached me through the last few sets before telling me it was 105lbs. !!! No wonder it was so tough!

The last thing on the rack was overhead presses, and those were the hardest of all, not because of the weight, I probably could have lifted more or at least done more reps, except that coming back down was killer on the wrists. So we wrapped that up and headed up front to finish

And Jason pulled out the regular box for box jumps. Pretty standard. But then after my first round he put that box away and brought over the BIGGEST box I have ever seen. I mean I've SEEN this box before, unused, in the corner, generally ignored by everyone. But to see it up close with the intended purpose of jumping on top of it, I actually didn't know if I could do it. And I have a feeling neither did Jason.  So there i stand, in front of a box that is higher than my waist, and I need to hoist myself up high enough to get my feet on top of it. So I count down in my head, ignoring all the worst case scenario warning flags waving frantically in my head, and launch myself up.....and I did it!!  Hahahah

We ended the session with 25 snatches (each arm) with the 25lb bell (and Jason let me use the chalk, yay!). And then finished with 15 superspeed snatches, that was crazy!!!

Followed by super speedy stretching

No comments:

Post a Comment