Calendar of Triumph!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday training

Today we took it pretty easy. And easy means the 32lb and 42lb kettlebells, with some medicine ball thrown in, just for fun

Also, everyone was distracted by the World Cup match playing, the one where USA scored a goal within the first minute

So, we took it easy:

Warmup, walking warmup across the floor, which was pretty empty and easy for me to barrel down. And even more walking warmup with the lobster band strapped above my knees (my butt, it burns!)

Then one arm swings with the 30lb bell while Jason recounted how well he did during his KB competition over the weekend (woohoo!)

Then cleans, then jerks, then clean and jerks, all with the 30lb bell

And then we moved on to the big guys: swing to squat with the 42lb bell. Then for the grand finale, I had to take the 40lb medicine ball, hoist it up above my head, then slam it down as hard as I could. Unwieldy is putting it mildly. By the end I was getting the hang of it, but I'm not very good at slamming things or making big noises, so it took a couple rounds to really get it right

Then just a few back bridge pushups for good measure, and then stretching time, and we really dug into my IT band today (ouchie)

No comments:

Post a Comment