Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday training - end of a decade

Welp, the time has always been looming on the horizon, and today was that day. The last session of my young and spritely twenties.  Yes, by the next time I'll be writing up a session post, I will be an old and wizened grown-up. 

So, as a rite of passage, today's theme was 'lets see if she makes it out alive'. And I did, just barely.

We started with jumprope, and Jason has regressed from counting down the time, to just telling me how long to go, to now just telling me to start and stopping me when time is up. And guess which method works the best (hint it's the last one. Apparently I function well in blissful ignorance). But I did five minutes without stopping!! Haha! So we were off to a good start

Then a quick warmup with the stretchy band, pulling it open with my arms extended in front of me, then with my arms overhead, and finally pulling it from behind my back. That one is killer on the shoulders

Then I did a whole bunch of stuff with the 17.5lb dumbbells: reverse lunge with overhead press, and alternating side lunge. 

And then he tried to kill me: with the 17.5lb dumbbells racked, 15 deep squats followed immediately by 15 jump squats (yeah, STILL with the dumbbells). You know it's crazy when the other trainers are staring in disbelief. 

I do this thing after a crazy set where I walk in a circle around the weight. After this set, I was doing laps around my trainer. jump squats are mean. Weighted jump squats are pure evil.

When I had recovered (barely), we continued with bent over rows and walkout pushups (this is the workout equivalent of having breakfast for dinner)

While I was doing my last few walkout pushups, Jason gathered the mat and towels per our usual time-for-stretching routine. But it was not time for stretching. He was preparing my deathbed.

Leg raises. Toe touches. V-ups. Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment