Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Training day with j!!

It's Tuesday! The best day! You know what that means, it's training day!!

And I had a loooong weekend to work off today, although I probably did better this weekend than I usually do (I even ran a 10k boot).  I guess traveling (and fitting into a very non-elastic unforgiving cocktail dress) helps avoid overeating since you can't breathe, or make snacks appear out of thin air when you're on the road.

Anyways, I was super bouncy and excited to start today, I had all that pent up energy from resting over the weekend I suppose. So we jump straight to it. J grabbed the big red band, so that could only mean one thing: pullups. And I almost didn't need him pushing me up for the last few...almost

Then it was deeper into the free weight room, to the big squat rack, bigger than the usual one I've done before. So I started with just the bar, then J put more weight on, then more, then even MORE. And I dutifully squat away, doing slightly less reps each time, but still doing full (lower than parallel) squats and then I finish and J looks at me and says 'how much did you weigh last time?' And I'm like '134' and he says,

'You just squatted more than your body weight'

Two 45lb plates on a 45lb bar.....you do the math (I had to). After multiple rounds of high fives, I'm gigglelaughing out of shock and delight while J herds me back up front. Next is the 35lb bell, for clean and press, where I work on my form and improve my terrible grip (I'm looking at you, lefty), then with the 45lb blue bell of doom, squats, squats, and more squats.  And we finish off with one hand swings.

Epilogue: a very thorough and painful stretching. you know it hurts when I start laughing uncontrollably

No comments:

Post a Comment