Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Definitely legs day

Today's workout was kind of a mashup on the fly. Hectic day at work for me, and apparently for J too, since he didn't send me a workout!  So he told me to pick something from the 52+ weeks of workouts he's sent me. (also, holy crap! I can't believe it's been a year already) I already knew today would be leg day, mostly because I can barely lift my arms after pullups on Tuesday. Of course J so generously suggested I warm up with jumpropes, and sent me off to gather one from his locker:

Warmup
Jumprope 5 min - while I'm doing this J (all the way across the room) flags down my attention and starts air-gesturing that it's time to switch to burpees. That was NOT part of the plan! How many?? I foolishly ask. Oh, just do 30. !!
30 burpees - apparently I have good form, according to a new trainer -yay- and that I should keep going...nay

Workout
Squat to tuck jump -10 reps(15 reps last 2 sets) - apparently I have impressive skills in this area as well and can 'jump higher than Eric', whatever that means
Sldl 2x20lbs 10/10
Lateral lunge / drop lunge -2x15lb 10/10reps
Pistol-20lb 10/10 reps - not gonna lie, the last 5 of the last set I had to do sans weight, because my legs were SO done.
Backbridge push up -10 reps
3x -oopsies, I did 4 sets! D'oh!

Abs
Hang leg raise 15 reps
Back extension 15 reps
side plank drop and reach through 10/10 reps
3x pretty much the same as last time, but I've got the coordination down on the plank, doesn't make it burn any less though.

And done. While I was stretching, J had his last client cancel (I still don't get how people do that!), so was goofing around and trying to get me to do a split.  Which would have ended in hilarity except that I can actually do it (just on the right side though, the left side is still kinda goofy looking). I don't know who was more surprised, him or me!

No comments:

Post a Comment