Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Training day

Training day again!!

And it's Boxing Day! With much anticipation and possibly equal amounts of trepidation I came ready to get my hands pounded today!

First jumprope though, two minutes and I still tripped a few times (and I'm pretty sure it was longer than just 2 minutes)

Then J wrapped up my hands and got the comically big gloves on my little stumps, they practically went up to my elbows, haha

We boxed for about half the session where I bubbled around and tried to get some good hits in there (tried), but I'm still too bouncy and wobble around too much when trying to punch. And then my hands start screaming at me, righty was especially bad today. So J had mercy on me and cut it short (he also didn't time the rounds out either, so it was more fun for me)

After boxing and my hands were released from being trapped in the padded cage of wrapping, we did a few sets with the Kettlebell (35 pounder): swings, clean and press and front squats. And man that last set was a struggle!

Then ended with vups and backbridge pushups with just enough time to stretch. I really really need to get yoga back in my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment