Calendar of Triumph!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Training day - rain check

So, since J was at a baseball game yesterday, we switched my session to Thursday. Then I got a text from him that really we were training today. Yipes! Fortunately my routine is always at the same time so I can switch anything around if necessary (case in point) so I'll just do today's cardio tomorrow so that I can train yesterday's session today. You follow?

So we start with walking warmup, lunge lateral lunge and what the hay, inchworm too. Then Godzilla sumo smash with two (two!) different resistance bands. And that's just the warmup

Then it was time for the bulgarian bag. Just spins, snatches and overhead squats, no biggie, oh except also big ropes after that, like in the biggest loser, those ropes.

After that set, still with the bag but now also with the 35lb bell, I did 20 squats (bag) and 8 clean & press (bell) - this was probably the toughest part of the session, lifting like that is no joke!

Then we eased it up  a bit, with the squishy medicine ball, a few rounds of throwing it sideways into the wall, and then we got crazy and threw it backwards behind the head into the wall. Actually I got the hang if that one really quickly and had the rhythm down where the ball was rolling right back to me, I didn't even need J there! (Just kidding I always need J there) 

Then, since I just did abs yesterday, we eased it up and did just a few Turkish getups with the light bell

And glorious stretching, starting on my belly this time, because now I'm a contortionist apparently. J must be getting bored with his usual arsenal of torture holds, he's starting to experiment with new moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment