Calendar of Triumph!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday, training day

Today was a fun session. We did something old, something new, goofed around, worked hard, and of course I was laughing the whole time.

Even though my whole.body.hurts. After Saturday, I can FEEL my muscles. Standing still. So moving and lifting made me that much more aware of my poor sore body.  Of course Jason was in the same boat as me, so had no sympathy for my whimpers of protest.

The gym was insanely crowded when I got there, so the normal warmup of walking lunge/squat/inchworm had the added element of navigating the crowd. I just flailed my arms wildly and magically people got out of my way.

Then we continued warmup with one arm swings, then clean and press, but the kettlebell felt suspiciously light and easy, and it turns out i was using the wrong bell. So we fixed that and finished the set with the 25lbs like I was supposed to. And my legs were NOT happy about any of this. So I did some single-leg deadlifts but without lifting the weight, just stretching my legs a bit.  And then strapped on ankle bands to side-step back and forth (fortunately the room had cleared out by then) 

I did other things with the bell, like one arm rows, and a really weird new thing that I dubbed the "Jason Special". Okay, so you grab the bell by the horns, almost like you're going to do halos, but start with your arms down. Then you have to flip the bell so that the horns are horizontal (parallel to the ground, weird, I know, I couldn't stop laughing), and then from there curl and press the Kettlebell over your head. I have no idea who came up with this, but it feels as weird as it sounds, although like every new thing I try, I got the hang of it bythe last set and it didn't feel so weird anymore.

To finish out the session, I did a few sets of suitcase deadlifts with the 45lb blue bell. Because my legs haven't gotten enough work this week!

Jason took pity on me and mercifully didn't push so hard during stretchingtoday, and sent me home with strict instructions to take an Epsom salt bath. I like that kind of homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment