Calendar of Triumph!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday bonus training

Well, Jason had to work today and he was pretty bummed about it, and since I had missed a session the other week I volunteered to come in to train and cheer him up (three times in one week! It's a new record)

And even though it was Saturday, I still had a pretty good session. We started right off the bat at the squat rack.  And I hit my goal today!! 200 pounds! I did three whole reps. And it was amazeballs. Now I got to say I CAN squat 200lbs, instead of I could squat 200. New goal is to work up to 250. Yikes.

After gleefully finishing squats, it was time to tackle pullups, my ongoing nemesis. Pretty pathetic today, I think Jason did more of the work pushing me up than I did pulling myself. It's the hoisting up part that's the problem. Once I'm at the top I can hold myself up pretty well. Gotta work on that

After a few pathetic rounds of pullups, we moved up front for some Kettlebell workouts, with my buddy the 25lb bell. Clean & presses, box jumps, and maybe a few other things. Then a quick stretch and I was released to go look for food. Which, after a few hours of aimlessly wandering around manhattan being insanely indecisive, I eventually ended up just going home and eating what I was supposed to in the first place. So much for a cheat meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment