Calendar of Triumph!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Two-fer Training

This week is definitely not a regular week.  I started the week finishing my vacation, and had  to schedule two training sessions around my crazy life AND Jason's crazy life (I came back into town on Monday and he's leaving town on Friday!)

So we trained two days in a row! Crazy!

Tuesday was my last full day of freedom before starting my new job (woot!), so I strolled leisurely into the gym and got a pretty nice welcome back from everyone (aw, they missed me).

Tuesday's theme was 'damage control' from my long break. I tried to be good while I was traveling and had all intentions of exercising while I was on the road, but that never actually happened. But I also tried to watch my food intake and when we did this Month's measurements, I actually didn't do SO bad!

I believe I am starting this month at 132lbs and about 26-27% bodyfat, so definitely gained some fat (I didn't need the pinchy thing to see that), but not as much as I thought, which means I can get back on track a lot sooner, yay!

So we eased back into the usual workout starting with squats. I only went up to 155, but did a lot more reps than usual to even it out

Then up front I did some Kettlebell clean/press, with jumprope in between. Initially I was supposed to do the double jumps, where you whip the rope around twice before landing, but I CAN.NOT do those. At all. I think I still have whip marks from every single attempt.  So we switched the other set to just jumping for a minute.

We ended with abs, using the grandpa wheel of pain, first strapping it to my feet and pulling it in lying down (like a bridge, but a bridge where your hamstrings are on fire), and then awkwardly flipping over and tucking it in from a plank)

Then I was unstrapped and free! except i still had to hold on to the handles and roll it all the way out and pull it all the way back and I hate that one because it's hard to describe accurately and it hurts and I'm bad at it.

DAY TWO: Wednesday
Ahh today was a great day! I started a new job, I felt good, I looked good, and I got out early which gave me plenty of time to get to the gym

So we set up my schedule for February, and there are a lot of changes that I'll need to adjust to. Firstly, I'll be training twice a week, but on Monday/Thursday which means I have a weird 'rest' day on Wednesdays now. We'll see how that goes. Also I'll have to see how it's gonna work coming back uptown to the gym when I know there's another one right next to my new office. I'll see how it goes this week and feel it out, but I might have to switch cardio days downtown

Anyways, we still have a lot of work to do, my goal this month is to slim down my belly that is tying to sneak back on me. So J is on a mission to make me suffer, hahaha

I warmed up rowing 1000 meters, then alternated between jumprope 1 minute and a bulgarian bag series (10 each, spins, snatch and overhead back lunge) I did those four times. Did I mention that I was already exhausted from a long day? No mercy for the chubby and weary

We ended with an easy set of Kettlebell deadlifts (with the 70lb bell) and 15 snatches with my buddy the 25lb bell, with Jason coaching me through my tired pathetic form (and I actually got better by the end, go figure!)

And stretching. Evil evil stretching

No comments:

Post a Comment