Calendar of Triumph!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday training - back from vacay

Well, I had a really great vacation, and even got in a few runs! Of course I still ate way more than I exercised and came back a chubby little food monster. Mercifully, we skipped the weigh in today and I'll have a week to detox from my vacation.

But this happened:
SUPER CRAZY AWESOME!!!

I got a surprise birthday present for a skydiving lesson at Skydive Baltimore, and it.was.awesome.

So of course the first thing I do when I get to the gym is make Jason watch the video (coincidentally, the skydiving instructor was also named Jason, which actually made me feel better at the time). Just watching the video again made me all giggly and super excited, perfect conditions to start a workout (since I was feeling kind of blahhhh before)

So, we got right to it: walking warmup, and lobster band warmup. Then a Kettlebell workout with a 25lb bell:

10 swings, cleans, press, and front squat, alternating arms. I think I did that twice

Then 5 half-snatch and overhead reverse lung each side.

Then 10 snatch/overhead lunge/half-drop, each arm

then 15 clean and jerks each arm, twice (the second round really focusing on my form and not sticking out my belly so much, apparently standing straight up is just asking too much from my stupid body)

THEN 15 swing to snatch, each arm. Which then popped off. I mean, I'm surprised they didn't pop off.

Then stretching (and yes, it's finally time for me to join the yoga studio down the street, my lack of flexibility is pathetic at this point)


No comments:

Post a Comment