Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Training on a Wednesday!

I had to cancel another Monday session because I was busy hanging out at the clubhouse at citi field watching the meta do their thing. It was pretty cool.

Fortunately Jason could fit me in today at 6:30, and I barely made it out of work on time thanks to people not understanding what a 'hard stop' means. It means you can keep talking all you want, I stopped listening two minutes ago and you're now talking to yourself, as was explained beforehand.

Hellish doesn't even begin to describe this week. I've barely had a chance to breathe, much less think about working out. But Jason was ready for me, and showed no mercy (well, a tiny sliver of mercy, but just barely)

We started with the usual walking warmup, AND lobster-band of evil.

Then a mix of exercises, starting with step up to overhead press, with 17.5 dumbells. Then deadlifts with the HEAVY red bell I think it's 50 or 60lbs. Then over the shoulders with the 40lb medicine ball.
Three times

Then with the 35lb bell, one 10 arm swings, to 10 cleans (each side), to 8 push press (each side)
Also three times

At this point a gaggle of geniuses enter the room and spend five minutes trying to figure out how to get the boxes out of their storage space. And we laughed and laughed.

But then it was back to business. Vups forever, and I just stayed collapsed on the floor and yelped while Jason tried to stretch my legs to unnatural levels of distortion.

And I get to do this again tomorrow! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment