Calendar of Triumph!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday training - back to full speed

It's Monday, and kind of gloomy and ominous outside. Which means droves of people flocking to the gym

Good thing I have a trainer so I don't have to fight for the equipment!  Today the first question was how I was feeling. And I'm feeling great. Every day I'm back to normal and eating better and feeling less like a blobby waste of space. Nothing hurts (so far) and I'm ready to get back up to full speed.  Within reason, of course

Today was a moderately difficult session, starting to reincorporate heavy weights with basic (and some not so basic) movements.

Walking warmup then I zipped through the lobster band, a little too quick but I didn't have to do them again so oh well

Then with two 15lb dumbells, walking lunges with curl and presses, then with the 40lb Kettlebell: one arm swings and swing to front squats (Oof). Did those 3 times

Then with the 25lb Kettlebell, snatch to overhead squat to windmill (yep, all in one rep!) followed by renegade rows with the dumbbells (yay! I love those, it's been so long!) 3x

Then with 20lb dumbells, squat to press, aka 'thrusters' followed by 30lb Kettlebell single leg deadlifts. Also 3x

Then 15 vups, for good measure. And stretching!

No comments:

Post a Comment