Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thursday training - throwback training

So today was pretty good. Work is crazy, but I have a pretty good handle on that. Still not getting enough sleep, so I gotta work on that. Also not getting enough cardio, so definitely need to work on that

So I had pretty good energy today, but still a little tired, so kept yawning a lot

I started by rolling my legs out on Jason's rolly ball of pain while he puttered around gathering the toys for today

We started with Kettlebell warmups with the 25lb bell: halos and around the body, then through the legs. 'Like a basketball player'. Yeah, I'm 5'1, no one would ever mistake me for a basketball player! Eventually I got the coordination down, but I kept picturing the bell slipping and crashing into my knees. Fortunately I avoided that

Then a few rounds of two bell swings, cleans, squats and presses. The problem was, my shoulders were dead after the squats so I kept having to rest before presses. Like a wimp

Then we moved on to the bulgarian bag for spins, then twisty snatches. Those are as hard as they sound. I vaguely remembered doing them a long time ago and tried a couple. And definitely needed a refresher.  They're basically like lumberjack chops, but on a much bigger scale, and with a bulky off-set weight to lug around. The hardest part was keeping my balance as the bag swung up overhead. I figured it out eventually.

Then we were almost out of time, so just a couple sets of snatches (regular ones, nothing fancy), and then reverse lunge twists with the bag. Those are the worst! But since we ran out of time I did t have to do jump squats, so I'll take that deal

Then glorious stretching. Note to self, don't badger your trainer when he has your hamstring in a bind. It won't end well for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment