Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday twofer- training day!

It's Thursday it's training day! And I don't have to go back to work this time!!  Work has been kicking my butt this week, and I was exhausted before I even got to the gym.

And you know it's going to be rough when you're sore BEFORE the session starts. My butt was already feeling the pains of yesterday's labor. After today I will be immobile.

We're also in the last 10 sessions of my foreseeable training career. After that I just can't justify the expense, and the commute is killing me. "you have bills?" He says in disbelief 'no, I live in a magical land where rent is free and everything is paid for by a mystery money wizard!' I wish!!

So, the theme of our remaining sessions will be to recap everything we've ever done, with possible side effects such as death or permanent paralysis.

Today nearly killed me. I could barely move by the end, which as it turned out worked in my favor for stretching since I was basically limp and completely malleable rather than tense and in pain

Anyways. Back to the beginning. We started with pullups, for old times sake. But with lat lifts first, like little training pullups. And then real pullups, which i can do for at least one good set, but by the last round it's really just Jason pushing me up to the bar. And me trying not to kick my feet back too far. Ahem.

By then the squat rack was free, so I did the usual build up, adding more weights and less reps. But we took it easy today, just to 185lbs.

Then we moved up front and started with the 50lb red bell for swings. 'Two arm, right?' I ask. His look answered with a simple NO. One arm swings! yikes. Those, which were actually hard, followed by renegade rows with 2 17.5lb dumbbells. I like those, actually they're one of my favorites. But after pullups, my arms were like jelly And even these were tough.

We rounded out the session with the 45lb blue bell for swing to front squats, and finally one leg dead lifts with the dumbbells. My butt is going to be insanely sore this weekend. I already know.

Then we really ended with vups and backbridge pushups.  Oof, my back. I'm definitely due for a massage, and I kind of really want to find a chiropractor. Just to see if my alignment is okay or if there is some magic back cracker maneuver that will loosen me up!

Stretching was so necessary today, and Jason pulled out all the stops, stretching out the deep hip flexors and he even got my upper back and it felt soooo good.

Now to limp home and go cuddle in my nice quiet fluffy soft bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment