Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Fit Trick: Stay Hydrated Using a Lime

Water. The single most important life-sustaining element on the planet.

Staying hydrated is the easiest way to get healthy and slim, but it's also the easiest thing to forget to do, especially if, like me, you're not in the habit of drinking water regularly throughout the day.

I needed a way to remember to drink water and keep track of how much I have had/have left to drink each day. There are tons of nifty apps for this that may work for someone more diligent than me, but I needed something a little less tech-y yet equally nifty enough to keep my interest every day.

They say that you need at least 8 glasses of water a day, but I don't want to have to count every ounce that I drink every day. So I started cutting up a lime into 8 pieces and dropping them in my water throughout the day. And it works! I remember to keep drinking water, and have a visual reminder of how much I have left to drink based on how many pieces I have left.


How To Use Limes to Get Your 8 Glasses a Day
(In 2 Easy Steps)

Ready for a week of hydration!

1. Cut a lime into 8 pieces.


(Protip: It's easier to cut each piece through its center,
rather than trying to make bar-style wedges)


2. Add a wedge of lime every time you fill up your water.

Store the lime pieces in a small air-tight container.

Even if you use different cups, you'll always know how many glasses you've had throughout the day by how many pieces are left. Keep adding wedges as you refill your glass until you've used up the whole lime!


3. Reap the Benefits.
You'll be amazed at how much better you feel after making this a habit. The water will help your body function better, you'll lose fat easier, and the lime helps your liver get toxins out, it's a win-win-win!

Bottoms Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment