Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday training - lent edition

It's Thursday, it's training day. It's also lent, and I am paying penance for February big time. 

I managed to get to the gym in time without having to sprint to the locker room to get ready, which was nice for a change. This time I had to wait for Jason to be ready for me!

So we headed over to the free weight room, but today it was more like the oxymoron room because everything was taken. Both squat racks, and even the backup squat machine. So we started with warmups instead, 3 point lunges and swings with the 45lb bell

Then we went back to the squat rack, where some guy was doing deadlifts. Irk. So I did some backwards lunge to deadlift with two 25lb dumbells

Then, FINALLY, it was my turn for squats. A quick warmup with light weights, then we got straight to the point, 205lb squats. 3 reps. My legs still haven't realized what just happened. That will come tomorrow

After many rounds of high fives, we finished with Kettlebell, naturally. With the 35kb bell, push presses, then clean and jerks, and ending with a lightning round of 30 snatches (per arm!) with the 25lb bell.

Since I was the lucky last client of the day, we had plenty of time to stretch, and Jason was cracking jokes left and right which had me laughing through the pain. And we had time to plan my calendar for the month, but when Jason has the luxury to take his time, it means a CRAZY month planned for me. But, after February, I definitely deserve it

No comments:

Post a Comment