Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Training day!

It's training day! I missed Monday because work went kind of crazy. So today I made it a point to make sure I got out on time 

Although I haven't been getting nearly enough sleep lately - not that I'm complaining - so my energy was definitely down in today's session. That didnt stop Jason from making me do crazy things!

We started at the squat rack. Well, when we first got there, there was a towel thrown over the bar. Apparently it's some sort of free-weight room man-code that I assume means 'mine, go away'. Jason immediately sent me off down the hall for walking warmup, and made me keep going back and forth until I guess he dealt with whoever had been there, because the bar was all cleared off and ready for me by the time I did my last round of lunges.

So, it was time to squat. And squat I did. And there was totally the awkward moment where I was clearly squatting a significant amount more than the grown man next to me. And his buddy noticed. But I was too busy standing up under 205 pounds to bother to answer, so Jason took care of that too. Anyways, Two hundred pounds!! I still can't believe it, and I've been doing it for weeks! Crazy

So we left the free weight room and finished with the kettlebells. Just clean and press with the 25lbs, one arm swings with the 45lbs (technically it's only 43lbs, as written in marker on the top). And finished off with 25 snatches per arm, TWICE. And I was done. My body is tired, my brain is tired. I need a massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment