Calendar of Triumph!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Training Day - St Patty's edition

Well, another St Patty's day come and gone, and this year I spent it with the rest of the revelrous masses collapsed on a wet sticky floor. Except unlike everyone else, I haven't had anything to drink today. I just couldn't stand up after spending an hour with Jason and his increasingly insane workouts

For the third session in a row, I have ended a set hunched in a little ball of stunned exhaustion, only to have Jason hover over me and cheerfully exclaim, "okay, another set!" ung.

Technically, I asked for this.

We started easy enough, we always start easy, just to trick my body into a false sense of security before the real work begins:

Walking warmup, and then a few rounds of one arm swings (first with the 35, then with the 45lb bell) with a minute jumprope in between

Then I did some clean and jerks with the 35lb bell, with burpees in between (oof)

THEN, 20 snatches (per.arm.), with my buddy the 25lb bell, followed by a minute of mountain climbers in between

...have you ever done a MINUTE of mountain climbers?!? 60 seconds of your entire body unable to decide which part hates you more, your legs, your arms, or your core) the first set was plenty for me. but of course I had to do a second set (after picking myself off the floor) so i somehow make it through twenty more snatches (each) and one MORE minute of mountain climbers ('you dont have to sprint, just dont stop' he says)  

okay by now I'm done and more than happy to proceed to stret---WHAT ANOTHER SET?! full-body shut down. After the last five seconds miraculously count down and I can stop dripping face-sweat on the floor, I huddle into an involuntary child's pose, and then instead of standing straight up like a human being, my body flumps sideways and I have one of those "I like this floor, this is a nice floor" moments.

I really think he's trying to kill me, and I paid him to do it. I MUST be crazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment