Calendar of Triumph!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Monday training - post legs day

So Saturday was legs day. That means Monday is 'aaaaahhhhhh my legs!!' Day.

At first Jason was perplexed as to why the lower half of my body was rejecting my decision to exercise, 'but we only squatted 160?' Yeah, and all that OTHER stuff I had to do, like walking lunges (ooh, my butt is cringing just thinking about those) 'oh, yeahhhhhh, we did those'

Yeah. So now I can't sit down without a chorus of whiny muscles voicing their objection. You can forget about standing up.

Im writing this the next morning, so its very possible that i'll forget something we did, or put it out of order, but today's session was all about recovery and/or arms day. We started with an easy warmup, walkout pushups and foam rolling, and body weight squats (just to wake up the legs, ugh)

Then with 17.5lb dumbbells, curl and presses, bent over rows, and pushup/renegade rows. Man it's been a while since I've done renegade rows! I miss those!

Then some v-ups and backbridge pushups to stretch out my quads, aka get other people's attention, haha. 

Then dips (ugh) and mountain climbers (UGH), and I was done. I mean, curled up on the mat, ready to go to bed now, done.

but we left extra time today for stretching, glorious, agonizing stretching

No comments:

Post a Comment