Calendar of Triumph!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Training day

It's Monday, training day!

I'm feeling pretty good today. The clean eating challenge is going well, but I don't know if it's really designed with actual exercise in mind since I kept yawning through the sets, and now I'm exhausted and starving on my way home (and dreading having to still prep when I get there, ugh)

Anyways, I'll get to that in the food challenge update. Today's session was great, we did a bunch of oldie-goodies, and Jason kicked my butt as usual.

Started with 3point lunges and walkout pushups, and finished the warmup with 100 swings with the 45lb bell (10 per arm, alternating until my arms popped off)

We mostly worked with the bulgarian bag today. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, here's an old pic that I forgot I took a few months ago:
That, my friend, is the bulgarian bag. See, its even labeled for you. Look at it in wonder.

With that thing we started easy, with shouldering (swinging the bag back and forth landing on your shoulders) and then shouldering with side lunge. You would think by now Jason knows that throwing any new exercise at me will end up looking ridiculously awkward and wont look anything like a real exercise. I kinda got the hang of it by the last few reps, but we just moved on, quickly.

Then, still with the bag, it was spins each direction and jump lunges (ugh!) followed by jerks with the 30lb bell. I'm still strangely unbalanced with the jerks. On my right side, I have no problem getting the rack into position and keeping my elbow on my hip (actually sometimes it digs a little too deep into my hip), but on my left side, I can barely get my elbow down to reach the top of my hipbone, so annoying!  So that's what I focus on and today it actually went a little better!

Anyways, back to the bag, we ended with power snatches and overhead side lunge (we're really working the side lunges today)

Oh, no actually we ended with the 35lb bell and front squats.

And THEN we were done. And stretching wasn't so agonizing today, actually I could split pretty far today. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment