Calendar of Triumph!

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday training - weigh in

It's Thursday, yay! It's training day, woohoo! It's weigh in day...eh.

I've been feeling pretty good, but probably more mentally good than physically so. Even with 'clean eating' this week, I still have a long way to go before I'll be really comfortable with my body. I'm still pretty far from my goal, and slacking on my diet all winter certainly didn't help!

So we weighed in, and while I did drop some weight since last month, it's still that annoying bodyfat that keeps sticking around, driving me crazy!

Right now I'm at 134lbs, and 27% bodyfat. Boo. Jason wants me to be at 20% (hah!) and I want to be at 120lbs (HAH!) so yeah, I'd have to work REAL hard to get there anytime soon.

Before we even weighed in, Jason had the jumprope ready and waiting. He already knows the deal.  So I started with 3 minutes jumprope, aka go for as long as I can until my calves abort the mission and twist into a stubborn ball of pain, regroup, then keep going.

I stretched out my calves, and then we started with an easy set of pushup renegade rows (with 15lb dumbbells), then clean and press and snatch with the 25lb bell. One minute of jumprope, and repeat the set. And again.

Next up was the bohemoth 70lb red Kettlebell. For deadlifts. And swings! I almost thought he was joking, but no I was really expected to swing 70lbs of solid weight back and forth between my legs and stay upright the whole time. I almost wobbled once, but I stood strong and finished the set! Along with those I did some oldie but goodie single leg deadlifts with rows (with 15lb dumbbells) to finish the session. Hmm, could it be leg day, I wonder?

I was pretty tired today, so I'm glad we took it a little easy. One thing about doing this clean eating challenge, it my be clean, but it's definitely not geared towards energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment